III International Academic Conference titled “Ethical Problems in Law & Politics”
The Center For European Studies and the Center for American Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are pleased to invite you to take part in the III International Academic Conference titled “Ethical Problems in Law & Politics”.
The conference will take place on June 4, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday June 5, 2022).
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
The goal of the conference is to discuss legal and political solutions to the historical and contemporary ethical problems of law and politics. Law and politics are not free from ethical questions that deserve careful attention of lawyers, political scientists, philosophers, sociologists, and historians.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Living will
• Human embryos created for medical research
• Medically assisted procreation
• Racial justice
• How social and economic discrimination affect healthcare and education sectors
• Human Rights – major ethical problems
• Global warming and pollution
The thematic areas mentioned above are to be treated only as examples. Moreover, presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge. Presentations may touch upon problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Hence, we encourage you to submit abstracts that go beyond the above list.
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (200-300 words) meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/6ZmtUjZvNaKiwtWR7
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• Registration should be performed by May 22 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by May 25 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by May 23.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/jX2dELhaGYrRuRYv7
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on May 26 (we will not extend this deadline)
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate)
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail
• The fee must be paid by May 29, 2022 at the latest (the audience will have a chance to see the conference schedule and topics of all speeches before paying the fee)
• 219 PLN / 49 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
• 199 PLN / 45 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email
• PLN 129 / 29 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
• PLN 109 / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: “<first name and last name> – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – <Law and Politics Conference>”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference (digital certificates are sent within 2 weeks from the end of the conference);
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission). Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the participant’s inability to receive the conference certificate.
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Liliya Kuriy, at [email protected]
See you at the conference!