The (SCOPUS/ISI) SOAS GLOCAL Conference on Asian Linguistic Anthropology 2023
414 414 people viewed this event.
- The SOAS GLOCAL CALA 2023 (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) is the annual GLOCAL conference and set of workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, The Sociolinguistics, and the Language and Society, of Asia.
- SOAS (University of London), University College London, Ohio State University, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Stockholm University, University of Kansas, California State University, Aichi University, University of East Anglia, Temple University, National Chengchi University, Beijing Normal University, University of Illinois, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, University of Indonesia, University of Putra Malaysia, Hankook University of Foreign Studies, Vietnam National University, Adelaide University.
- And over 150 other global universities.
- Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, Sage, Wiley, John Benjamins, Cambridge University, Oxford University.
- University of The Philippines Diliman, Diliman, The Philippines.
- May 16-19 2023.
- General Papers.
- Colloquia (including 10 national Philippine Universities presenting individual Colloquia).
- Workshops / lectures on research and publishing methodology, and on ethnography, by globally prominent academics (including ELAR SOAS) and publishing companies.
- Special Panels.
- Keynotes Speakers: Nancy Hornberger (University of Pennsylvania), Asmah Haji Omar (University of Malaya) and Ben Rampton (King’s College London) and other globally prominent scholars in Linguistic Anthropology and Language and Society.
- Publishing companies (Taylor and Francis, Elsevier, Sage, John Benjamins, Wiley).
- Universities (20 displays).
- The Endangered Alphabets Atlas.
- Local and International Ethnographical Associations.
- The Endangered Languages Archive (ELAR), University of London.
- Anthropological and Cultural Performances from Philippines performance companies.
- Anthropological one day options to sites significant in Philippine language and society.
- The SOAS GLOCAL CALA 2023 abstract submission /Second call for abstracts opens on October 20, 2022 and closes on March 13, 2023. The Notification of Acceptance will be no later than March 16, 2023. Submit at the following link, with all information. https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/submit.
- Symbol and Society: The SOAS GLOCAL CALA 2023 invites work on the linguistic symbols of Asian and global Asian society, in a new era. Submissions should acknowledge and describe the transfer of language and communication in this new era. Papers should discuss the ways in which communication takes on both evolutionary and revolutionary form, following recent significant changes in Asian society, and in Asia’s new and revised interrelatedness across global scopes.
- For full Scientific Committee, see: https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/sc-committee/
- Conference proceedings (ISI / AHCI indexed)
- Several special Top Tier (Scopus/ISI /ACHI /SSCI) journal issues and monographs are planned with well ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The (SCOPUS / ISI) SOAS GLOCAL CALA 2023 that meet review requirements. Ample assistance is provided to revise papers.
- Head of Communications: Ms. Nhan Huynh. Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph
- Submission link: https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/submit
- Academia: https://soas.academia.edu/GLOCALSOAS
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/SOAS-glocal-UNIT
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GLOCALSOAS/
- GLOCAL website: http://glocal.soas.ac.uk/
- GLOCAL App: https://glocal.soas.ac.uk/the-glocal-app/