International Academic Conference “Law, Medicine and Psychology”
The Center For European Studies and the Center for American Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are pleased to invite you to take part in the International Academic Conference titled “Law, Medicine and Psychology”.
The conference will take place on September 25, 2021, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (The exact length of the conference depends on the number of speakers. In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, September 26, 2021).
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
The main focus of the conference is to discuss the key contemporary problems from intersections of law, medicine and psychology as well as their historical conceptualizations.
Presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge (i.e., law and medicine, law and psychology, psychology and medicine). However, we also welcome NOT interdisciplinary topics – as you choose.
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (200-300 words) and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/hRYK2eT5nwHjXUjHA
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by September 8 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by September 10 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by September 9.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/um4Njsc8BhNoSYQ1A
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on September 15.
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by September 19, 2021 at the latest.
SPEAKERS (2 options)
Traditional certificate sent via post – 219 PLN / 49 EUR
–– OR ––
Digital certificate – 199 PLN / 45 EUR
PASSIVE PARTICIPANTS (AUDIENCE)
Traditional certificate sent via post – 129 PLN / 29 EUR
–– OR ––
Digital certificate – PLN 109 / 25 EUR
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: “<first name and last name> – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – <full title of the conference>”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation are normally sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference; however, taking into account close scholarship application deadlines we will send them shortly after the conference (moreover, each participant – also those who have chosen traditional paper certificates – will obtain a digital certificate in pdf form to print it on their own)
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook. See you at the conference!